Sunday, August 3, 2014

Perfect Peacock Birthday

I went to our monthly group meeting last night, where we always have a swap. I thought I'd share with you what I made!

I just love the Perfect Peacock stamp set! However,  I was out of whisper white card stock to stamp and color the whole image on. Sigh.... So, I had to get creative! **enter sarcastic "oh, darn!" here**

So, I used crumb cake for my base, and stamped the image in black. I stamped it again on white scraps I had laying around and colored it in with my Blendabilities markers. Then I punched it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch. I carefully lined the image up over the uncolored one on crumb cake, and stuck it on with dimensionals. That created a bright focal point, which we call the Spotlighting Technique. I then used the sentiment from Apothecary Art, punched the edges with the Banner punch, and added rhinestones for some bling.
Ta da! A beautiful card!

No comments:

Post a Comment