Monday, July 7, 2014

What I made with Blendabilities


So now that you have the low down on the fabulous, new Blendabilities, let me show you what I have made with them.
For this card I used Crisp Cantaloupe for the base, and Old Olive for the frame. To color the flowers on the Apothecary Art (WM)set I used the Skin Tone Assortment! They don't have to be just for skin! The leaves are with the Old Olive set, and centers with Daffodil Delight.

I just love this card! The Blended Bloom Stamp is great to use with the Blendabilities. It offers so many opportunities for shading. I used the Rich Razzleberry set and the Color Lifter to make the lightest shades. I like to start with the darkest shades to figure out where the shadows are, then work my way to the lightest colors. The sentiment is from the Work of Art (WM) set.
 
Ombre! Everyone loves ombre. With this one it is best to start with the lightest color first and work your way darker. That way you can see where you end a color and make sure you don't overlap where you don't want to. The dark streak in the middle is a result of overlapping in the wrong spot. And isn't that sentiment from Big News (WM) awesomeness?!

The Coastal Cabana set made these vases very easy to shade. And the Color Lifter was great to give them the reflecting point for the light. Always decide where your light "comes from" when shading, so you don't have conflicting shadows. The Vivid Vases stamp is a great one to use with the Blendabilities!

This stamp is gorgeous! Corner Garden (WM) is also super easy to work with. See all the beautiful shading on the flowers? Blendabilities make the shading so easy! I even used the Skin Tone set for the center of the yellow flower.

I colored the rhinestones on this one! Each set of markers comes with three shades, making it easy to have fading colors on embellishments. And isn't the Work of Art set cute?
 
Sweetbriar Rose is just perfect for shading! I used Daffodil Delight and Old Olive sets, and the Color Lifter, and just love the results. They look kind of like Primroses.....


 Here are more rhinestones colored with the Blendabilities. One thing I noticed was that the colors coordinate with more than just the color listed. I used the darkest of the Rich Razzelberry and Daffodil Delight sets and they go beautifully with the Blackberry Bliss ink and ribbon and Crushed Curry card stock on this card. I put them on sequins for a little added bling.
.
For this one I colored the new cotton ribbon! How easy is that! Another ombre in seconds. And since they are alcohol based there is next to no dry time.

I used the Petite Petals (WM) set for these flowers. Stamps with shading already sketched in are great if you're not sure about your shading skills. Use the darker colors on the shading marks and the lightest on the rest, and you're done! Easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment